Monday, June 14, 2010

Paintings from the Heartland

I had the pleasure of attending a fabulous party on Friday evening while visiting my family back in Nebraska. It was a perfect summer evening with just the right amount of humidity and a welcoming breeze that moved the tall grasses like ocean waves. It was an art party of sorts and I had the opportunity to visit and meet with many of the various artists themselves. One of my favorite Nebraska painters, Stephen Dinsmore was there and I can't help but share a bit of his work. His paintings evoke a love and connection with nature. Simple, but lovely moments. I love the feeling of being lost within a scene of one of his paintings- a sense of calmness and beauty with just one look.

cattle in land

song of the lark

the days run away


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails