It's official, I have become a casserole mom. I get it now. With limited time to whip up dinner these days I'm all about casserole creations and slow cooker recipes. So what if I'm prepping my dinner around 3:30 pm?! Makes bath time and feeding time that much more enjoyable when all you have to do is pull something out of the oven and pour a glass of wine a few hours later. Here's what I whipped up last night and it was delicious:
Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 2 bags of frozen butternut squash (microwave until thawed and mash with a fork)
- 32 once of part skim ricotta
- 3 handfuls of fresh chopped spinach
- 1 yellow onion (I prefer a sweet onion)
- 2 c of shredded mozzarella
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, cinnamon, garam masala (all these spices are optional)
- 12 lasagna noodles (regular or no-bake)
- boil noodles for 4-5 minutes if needed
- saute onion until golden
- mix ricotta, spinich & onion. salt to taste.
- add desired spices to squash puree. salt to taste (i used a good amount as it was quite bland).
- Layer noodles, ricotta, noodles, squash, mozzarella. Continue order until you have reached the top of your casserole dish
- cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes in a 425 degree oven
- remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is golden brown