Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peachy Peachy


I wasn't lying when I said I stocked up on peaches this week. In addition to eating a few peaches throughout the day, I make something yummy with these juicy, fuzzy fruits. I had the pleasure of having my grandma in town this week and yesterday we spent the morning baking an old-fashioned peach cobbler. It was scrumptious, although I tend to fancy a little more crumble with some oatmeal and brown sugar.

Next up, peachy preserves... my grandmother's specialty. Simply wash, peel and slice the peaches. Combine the peaches with sugar (1/2 c sugar/1 cup peaches) over low-medium heat and stir constantly while boiling until you have a very syrupy mixture. Fill hot jars with preserves and make sure the the tin top seals. My favorite way to serve peachy preserves... over vanilla ice cream. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails