Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Granola Snack Attack


On this rainy day I decided to try a new granola recipe from one of my very favorite cookbooks, Lucid Food. I must admit it's pretty darn good... give it a whirl. I decided to forgo the cocao nibs, but not for lack of liking those little devils. I just prefer my granola to be more of a morning snack.

{ingredients}

2 cups raw nuts, coarsely chopped (i use slivered almonds)
2 cups rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
dash of salt
6 tablespoons maple syrup
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups dried apricots, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup raw, unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tablespoons of cocao nibs

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

combine all of the ingredients except coconut, cocao nibs. spread granola evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. stir the granola well, rotate the pan, and bake for 15 minutes more. add the apricots and return pan to oven for another five minutes. add the coconut flakes and bake for 2 minutes more. remove the pan from oven and stir in the cacao nibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails